Welcome to the world of Code of Conduct, a Twilight Fanfiction by MandyLeigh87. Keep an eye out for teasers, photos, interviews and other news.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

CocTease: Edward

“Hey Cullen.”
I looked up from my journal and my plate of food. Peter, the new guy, sat down next to me and rested his head in his hands.
“They got you running the night shift?” I asked, taking another bite.
“Fourth time this week. And I’m supposed to go out tonight again,” he mumbled.
I looked him over, seeing his haggard expression and the dark circles under his eyes. He was beyond tired, I almost wondered if he should be going out at all. I never thought it was very smart that they sent people out who were this run down. It didn’t seem like it would be safe. If it wasn’t safe to drive when you’re sleepy, then it probably isn’t okay to be responsible for a weapon or someone else’s life.
“Who are you heading out with?” I asked.
“Uh…I think Smith, Carlson and Bates.” He rubbed his eyes and shook his head, trying to wake himself up.
I took another bite of my food and watched him. His eyes fluttered a little, fighting to stay awake, before they floated shut. I felt bad for the guy, I couldn’t deny that. I’d gotten lucky and had mostly day shifts; I knew the night shifts were brutal.
“I’ll take it Peter,” I slapped his back.
“What?” He mumbled.
“I’ll take your shift. You need a good nights sleep.”
“No man, I don’t want to put that on you…”
“Don’t even worry about it. I’m sure you’d do the same for me. It’s done. I’ll go talk to the Captain.”
He started to protest again but I laughed and shook my head. “Go to bed Peter.”

1 comment:

  1. So I've been listening away to the new playlist and have re-read the update, which while painful for B was really great. Can't wait for the next update, anyways the real reason for the comment I heard a song and it made me think of the story so I thought I'd share it with ya. "Distance and Time" by Alicia Keys
    (sabluvslogan on ffn)

    ReplyDelete